Burn & Sculpt your body with this powerful move!
Total Body Exercise to Sculpt your body from head to toe.
Mountain climbers are great for building cardio endurance, core strength, and agility. You work several different muscle groups with mountain climbers—it's almost like getting a total-body workout with just one exercise.
As you perform the move, your shoulders, arms, and chest work to stabilize your upper body while your core stabilizes the rest of your body. As the prime mover, your quads get an incredible workout, too. And because it's a cardio exercise, you'll get heart health benefits and burn calories.
How to Do Mountain Climbers?
- Get into a plank position, making sure to distribute your weight evenly between your hands and your toes.
- Check your form—your hands should be about shoulder-width apart, back flat, abs engaged, and head in alignment.
- Pull your right knee into your chest as far as you can.
- Then switch, pulling that knee out and bringing the other knee in.
- Keeping your hips down, run your knees in and out as far and as fast as you can. Alternate inhaling and exhaling with each leg change.
Up for a Challenge? Add a upright row combo (demo in the video below)
When you're focused on the move, you might find yourself holding your breath. Remember to breathe.
Leave a comment
Follow us on Instagram
Stay in the loop with the latest Instagram pics from